Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Punisher (Soundtrack)

I like sound tracks and musical scores.

I'm a comic book fanboy.

I've been wanting to listen to more visceral music.

I'm listening to The Punisher Soundtrack.

I'm a Nickleback fan, and "Slow Motion" scratches an itch. It, along with "Still Running" (Chevelle), "Time for People" (Atomship), and "In Time" (Mark Collie) are my favorites on the album.

I'm not so much of a fan of verbal bludgeonings from Drowning Pool's "Step Up"; Hatebreeds' "Bound To Violence"; and DamagePlan's "Ashes" kind of falls apart when guest vocalist Jerry Cantrell stops singing.

Label Wind-Up Records seems to be doing something right on the soundtrack (and especially comic book soundtrack) fronts, with The Punisher, Elektra, Fantastic Four, and Walk the Line (will someone please make a graphic novel of Johnny Cash's life?).

And in the interest of full disclosure, I have not yet seen The Punisher movie.

I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Dolph Lundgren version ...

No comments: